Thursday, May 13, 2010

Conrats? Condemnation? Tory Party?

The sickening sight of David Cameron's smug old-Etonian-never-had-a-proper-job-where's-my-duelling-sword-butler mug peering out of the doors of Number 10 is still upsetting me, so have a look at this piece in today's Guardian about what we should call the new Tory Lib-Dem coalition.

Are they the (very appropriate) blend, Conrat (Conservative + Liberal Democrat)?
Or should we call them the Daily Mirror's nice rastaman-reminiscent, Condemnation? Closing stations fi cause deprivation inna de nation.
Or how about the Guardian's own witty one, which reflects the true nature of the coalition: The Conservative Party (taking Conservative from the Conservative Party and Party from the Liberal Democratic Party)?

3 comments:

Fran said...

I'm guessing you didn't vote Conservative. Am I right?

Any word with Con in it is asking for trouble.

Dan said...

It's so bad, I'd rather watch Twilight again than vote Tory, to be honest.

Fran said...

Now I KNOW you're not a Tory.