- So, if you're looking for stuff on regional variation, try here.
- Accent material can be found here.
- For social variation - class and social groups, try here and here.
- For occupation and language, try here and here.
- And for gender and language, try here.
- And for Language Discourses and attitudes to variation try here and here (but be aware that language change, ethnicity and world Englishes are A-level only topics and don't appear in the AS level).
Sunday, October 18, 2015
Paper 2: accent, dialect, sociolect and occupational discourse
If you're looking for material on the topics for paper 2 of the new AQA English Language spec, there'll be some posts coming up after half-term. There's plenty on the blog already, though but it's labelled using the old specifications.
As I posted a day or two back, accent attitudes have been back in the news. Following a report from The Sutton Trust , using research from t...
As part of the Original Writing section of the NEA, students will be required to produce a commentary on their piece. This blog post will pr...
As lots of students are embarking on the Language Investigation part of the Non-Exam Assessment, I thought it might be handy to pick up a fe...
When Dan asked what he should post about next on this blog, one of the most common responses was this, the World Englishes topic. Maybe ...