- So, if you're looking for stuff on regional variation, try here.
- Accent material can be found here.
- For social variation - class and social groups, try here and here.
- For occupation and language, try here and here.
- And for gender and language, try here.
- And for Language Discourses and attitudes to variation try here and here (but be aware that language change, ethnicity and world Englishes are A-level only topics and don't appear in the AS level).
Sunday, October 18, 2015
Paper 2: accent, dialect, sociolect and occupational discourse
If you're looking for material on the topics for paper 2 of the new AQA English Language spec, there'll be some posts coming up after half-term. There's plenty on the blog already, though but it's labelled using the old specifications.
This is a guest blog by Richard Young, an A level student at St Thomas More RC Academy in Tyne and Wear, who's hoping to go on to study ...
As part of the Original Writing section of the NEA, students will be required to produce a commentary on their piece. This blog post will pr...
When Dan asked what he should post about next on this blog, one of the most common responses was this, the World Englishes topic. Maybe ...
As lots of students are embarking on the Language Investigation part of the Non-Exam Assessment, I thought it might be handy to pick up a fe...