Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pubic speaking (sorry...)

Firstly, I must apologise for the title of this post, but it's been a long day and I need to entertain myself.

Apparently, according to a story on the BBC news website, having sex helps us overcome stress and makes us more effective public speakers. Of course, with SFX being a catholic institution, I have to add that the pope only sanctions such behaviour between loving, married, opposite sex partners. So that rules out the Lib Dem leadership challengers...

But please don't use too little/too much sex as an excuse for not performing well in the forthcoming powerpoint presentations on child language or you'll get no sympathy from me.

Useful for:
ENA7 - persuading gullible members of the opposite/same sex to help you "do your homework"

Black British English vs MLE

The latest episode of Lexis is out and it features an interview with Ife Thompson about lots of issues connected to Black British English, i...